Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Top 7 Online Degrees to Revamp Your Career
If you are interested in revamping your career, you should look at the option of pursuing higher education through online degree programs. These online degrees can help change the way you look at your career path. A study conducted by Eduventures, a leading educational research firm, indicated that affordable online degrees in 2010 were in fields of business, nursing, technology, health care, and criminal justice.
Top Online Degree Programs for a Career Change
1. Bachelors in Business include the study of subjects like finance, economics, and commerce which can help you to develop a lucrative career in business. This is because the career outlook is very bright in this area. You can get a job as a marketing specialist and can bring about a change in the business of financials of the companies. Your potential average annual salary would be about $66,850, as indicated by the U.S. Department of Labor.
2. Bachelors in Nursing can be pursued by those who are interested in nursing or who want to get more career options. Owing to a large number of Registered Nurses (RNs) retiring in the near future, online degrees in this field has become tremendously popular. A host of online degree programs in this field are offered at various levels which can help you get a license to become a registered nurse. According to the Department of Labor, about 600,000 new registered nurses, with an average annual salary of $67,720 are likely to be hired in the decade from 2008-2018.
3. Bachelors in Computer and IT can enable you to change your career, especially if you have strong technical knowledge and prior experience. If you have knowledge of computer technology, you can opt for career options like computer systems analyst who has an average annual salary of $81,250. The career prospect is very bright and is likely to increase by 20 percent during the 10-year period from 2008-2018.
4. Bachelors in Healthcare is another flourishing career option with fast job growth as 3.2 million new workers are projected to be hired in the 10 years through 2018 based on the figures provided by the Department of Labor. One potential career change option is seen at positions like entry-level medical and health services manager with an average annual salary of $93,670.
5. Bachelors in Criminal Justice is ideal for those who want to develop a career in criminal justice. It can also enable you to develop careers in various challenging and rewarding professions. You can pursue career options like private detectives and investigators.
6. Online Degree in Management can enable you to develop a career in various areas related to management of a company and develop careers at managerial level or higher. You will be involved in analyzing and solving problems and critical thinking.
7. Online Degree in Fine Art can help you develop careers in various area of art like painting, drawing, printmaking and sculpture. Based on the figures indicated by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, over 60 percent of artists are freelancers and run their own businesses.
If you are already pursuing a career and aspire to switch to another field, you can opt from one of the popular online degrees mentioned above which can help you in developing a lucrative and well-paying career as well.
Posted by Unknown at 2:37 AM